What Is Job Analysis?
Job analysis is the systematic process of collecting all the relevant information regarding a job. This includes the roles, responsibilities., skills, and processes to create a comprehensive job description.
Its purpose is to give an overview of the physical, mental, and emotional exertion required to execute a job successfully.
Job Analysis vs Job Description
Jon analysis is the process of gathering information to prepare a job description.
A job description on the other hand is a document that includes job functions, roles, responsibilities, duties, power, and managers pertaining to the job.
Components of a Job Analysis
There are three components:
- Job position
- Job description
- Job worth
Methods to Conduct a Job Analysis
You can use four methods:
- Work logs
- Helps in workforce planning
- Allows HR to recruit and select the talent according to the requirements of the job
- Enables employers to develop training and development programs
- Helps in carrying out job evaluation
- Helps management take corrective actions to ensure worker safety
- Requires the necessary skills or else the analysis won’t be accurate
- Involves a great deal of human effort
- Doesn’t allow the accurate measurement of mental abilities required of an employee
Workforce planning tools