One of the most challenging things to take care of in an organization is keeping track of employee time-off requests. Manually keeping a record of vacations, off time, sick leaves, unpaid time off or PTO can be time-consuming and requires a lot of hard work. In addition, errors and inconsistencies are inevitable when doing so. However, the good news is that managers and employees don’t need to worry about the whole process. An employee vacation tracking software is just the thing you need. The right employee vacation tracker helps managers streamline this tedious process.
Let’s begin with some reasons your organization needs employee vacation tracking software:
Why Use a Vacation Time Tracker Software?
Comes With Flexibility
A vacation tracking software can be accessed from anywhere and on any device.
All the leave requests stay at one place when using employee vacation time tracking software, This means, administrators can access this data at any point in time. This centralization of data helps businesses manage data safely.
Another benefit of using the software is that it helps prevent misinformation. Everyone knows when someone is on leave and find a replacement if required.
When using vacation time tracking software, you can see how many leaves employees have accrued. How much they’ve used and how much vacation time is left. Employees too can see how many vacation days they’ve taken and how many they still have left. They can then plan accordingly. It, therefore, promotes a transparent environment on all levels.
In addition, using the employee vacation tracker dashboard organizations don’t have to worry about costs, errors, and delays when doing manual processing of these requests by managers and HR.
An employee vacation tracking software takes care of all the tedious leave paperwork.
It records the count of each leave type and makes it easier to calculate payroll and get leave approvals.
One big benefit employee vacation tracking software comes with is increased productivity. It is obvious when you wouldn’t have to worry about tracking employee leave and managing the data manually, you can utilize this time otherwise more productively. Approving, tracking, and reviewing employee leaves consumes a lot of time which can be reduced using the right software.
Easy on Cost
To run a business effectively, you must look for ways that aren’t too expensive. When keeping the manual leave tracker on one hand and a vacation time tracker software on the other, we will see the software has more benefits when talking about cost. The comprehensive functionalities that the employee vacation tracker dashboard offers, outweigh the manual process on all levels.
Error Free Tracking
To err is human. Therefore, manual vacation time tracking can be painful and leaves many chances of making mistakes. Therefore if you’re looking for an error-free vacation tracking method, using software is the best choice.
The Top 5 Best Vacation Tracking Software
Listed below are 5 of the best employee vacation tracking software that your hybrid workplace needs. Let us take a look at them:
If you haven’t heard of AttendanceBot, it’s time you do now. AttendanceBot is an amazing tool for easy absence management and attendance. It can easily be integrated with Slack, MS Teams, and GChat where you can apply for leaves and get approvals right within your communication app of choice. It offers a robust vacation management system for your employees. AttendanceBot offers comprehensive functionalities whether you’re working from home or from the office. These features make it one of the best vacation tracking software for hybrid workplaces,
With AttendanceBot you can:
- Quickly approve and deny leave requests due to reminders and notifications
- Track the hours your employees spend
- Apply for sick leaves with a simple message like ‘sick today’, WFH today’ or ‘on leave today’.
- You can approve or deny the leave requests from right within Slack or MS Teams.
- Get notified of your team’s leaves right inside AttendanceBot in real-time
- Integrate your entire schedule with your calendars (Google Calendar, Outlook calendar, Apple Calendar).
- Create multiple leave calendars for your team members working from different offices and time zones. With AttendanaceBot, managing remote teams and leave management is easy and simple.
- You are equipped with full control over leave types, rules, and accruals, as well as organizational holidays and blackout dates.
- Teams have instant access to balances, approvals, team availability, and past or future reporting via CSV or external dashboard.
- Run the whole thing on either mobile or desktop, smoothly
Below are the pricing details:
Standard: $5/user/month or $4/user/month (billed annually)
Pro: $7.5/user/month or $6/user/month (billed annually)
Enterprise: $15/user/month or $12/user/month (billed annually)
The BambooHR time-off management software is another smart option for many organizations looking for an effective leave management solution. The system is specifically built to support small and medium-sized businesses that are looking to shift from manual and time-consuming spreadsheets towards smart paid time-off tracking on a cloud-based system.
- Quick approval or denying of leave requests because of effective notifications.
- BambooHR comes with mobile and web access
- With BambooHR’s time-off calculator, employees can check their current PTO balance and any upcoming time off they’ve scheduled right on their phones.
- The software allows you to create as many policies on your account as you need.
- It offers a Who’s Out calendar that helps keep track of employees who are on leave to maintain adequate staffing
To know the pricing details You will have to request a customized price quote.
If you’re a small or medium-sized business, Jibble is another good option to consider. It offers the following features:
- Is simple to use
- Takes care of your leave and time management needs efficiently
- Reports you of whenever an employee isn’t available and of how many vacation days they’ve availed
- Presents an analysis of the recorded data, attendance rates, and more
- Lets you clock in via the mobile app, a shared kiosk device, or the web app.
Jibble is free forever for unlimited users. However, you can upgrade for additional features. The pricing details are as follows:
Premium: This is the most popular paid plan and starts at $2.00 /month/user
Ultimate: Starts at $4/month/user
Enterprise: Usually for companies with 500+ staff
UltiPro’s time and scheduling software is intuitively designed with your employees in mind. You can leverage a comprehensive dashboard for easy access to key functions and to ensure coverage of business operations.
- Enable employees to submit their availability, view schedules, swap shifts, and enter time-off requests
- Get calendar views of team schedules
- Easy to use
- Comes in affordable pricing plans
- Enjoy faster scheduling software with drag-and-drop capabilities
- Manage team schedules and approve or deny requests using the UltiPro mobile app
- Review key analytics to remain compliant and monitor labor costs
Unfortunately, UltiPro isn’t exactly transparent about its pricing. You’ll need to request a price quote.
Zoho People helps you track your team’s attendance, configure shifts, manage time logs, and do so much more in a matter of minutes. Their consolidated software allows you to record, store, and access information in real-time. In addition, it is:
- Offers Benefits management, calendar management, contractor management
Customized pricing starts at $1 per feature per user
What to Consider When Deciding on an Employee Vacation Time Tracking Software?
Here’s a checklist of what should the right vacation time tracker include:
Should be Easy to Use
There are many softwares that offer robust features to track vacation time. However, if it’s complicated to use, it’s of no use. The right tracking tool should be easy and simple to use.
The software you choose should be able to integrate with tools that are already being used by your organization.
The software should come with a dashboard laying out all the details to keep track of your employees.
The right tracking tool will notify you of leave requests as soon as they’re made. Similarly, it should be able to notify employees whenever their requests are either approved or denied. This will help them plan accordingly or make changes.
Ready to Make Vacation Time Tracking Easier?
Vacation time tracking software is a great way to make sure you ease the burden on admin and employees. It helps you make sure you keep track of this data while maintaining productivity and being cost-efficient at the same time. However, it is important you choose the right tool taking into account your organizational needs and their size.