Appreciating your employees is a way to achieve a healthy work environment. Employees need recognition because it motivates them to work. Keeping your employees happy by recognizing their work and appreciating them is a solid way to increase retention and reduce turnover rates. If you have a hard time thinking about what to say to your employees, don’t worry. This article has employee appreciation quotes that you can rely on.
In this article, we cover several appreciation words for employees and coworkers, workplace quotes, and some staff appreciation quotes to make them feel valued. Appreciating their work will not only keep them happy but also boost your company’s performance.
Why is Appreciating Your Employees Important?
Recognizing your team’s efforts puts a smile on their face and they spend the rest of their day happily. A Harvard study said a little recognition can significantly improve employee morale. Appreciating your employees leads to a lower retention rate and increases your employee’s productivity. Another study says that when employees are recognized for their work, their performance is likely to increase. When it comes to appreciating your employees’ work, consider the following four things:
Say thank you to coworkers frequently. In an Achievers study, it was revealed that organizations that recognize their employees and appreciate them regularly, improve their retention rate by 41%. From the janitorial staff to your CEO, everyone needs appreciation to work well. So use as many appreciation words as you can for your employees and do it often
Don’t Wait for the Right Time
When you want to appreciate an employee, don’t delay or wait for the right time. The more you delay gratitude, the more likely it is to be less valued. According to a survey by SHRM, 28.6% of employees that are recognized in time face less frustration than those who aren’t. Appreciate and encourage your employees in real-time.
Compliment Specific Actions
General appreciation may be good but specific compliments add more meaning to your employees’ work life. Appreciate their specific actions or good work rather than giving general feedback. According to a study, 92% of employees repeat an action if they’re appreciated or recognized for them.
According to a report, employees work better when they are recognized for their effort and time. To have good company results, you should keep encouraging and motivating your employees through recognition and appreciation. According to Gallup, the number 1 source of employees leaving an organization is a lack of recognition for their work.
Quotes on Employee Appreciation
The following quotes from various writers, motivational leaders, and business leaders will tell you more about how important it is to appreciate your employees.
- William Arthur Ward says that “Gratitude can transform common days into thanksgiving, turn routine jobs into joy, and change ordinary opportunities into blessings.”
- “Dispirited, unmotivated, unappreciated workers cannot compete in a highly competitive world”, says Francis Hesselbein.
- “I have always believed that the way you treat your employees is the way they will treat your customers and that people flourish when they are praised” – Sir Richard Branson
- David Novak said, “People leave when they don’t feel appreciated. That’s why we’ve made recognition a really high value. Our business is people-capability first; then you satisfy customers; then you make money”
Below are some words to say thank you to and appreciate your employees.
Employee Appreciation Quotes
Use these work/employee appreciation quotes accordingly and keep your employees feeling seen and motivated.
Appreciation for Work
- I want to take a moment and appreciate Jane for saving us from a disaster. Thanks for discovering the flaw in the system. Couldn’t be happier to have you on the team!
- On the behalf of the entire office, I’d like to thank David for his extraordinary work performance. If there’s anything I can do to repay your hard work, do mention that.
- Today we give a big round of applause to Jessica for her incredible performance at work. You are the perfect example of using skill and talent to put an organization on the path to success.
- Jim, It’s great working with you. I honestly believe you are one of the reasons our company is so successful.
Appreciation for Talent
- We would never have finished this project without Kate’s instincts and help! So thankful and lucky to have you on board.
- Thanks, Drew, for your amazing designs for this organization. You bring out so many colors in our company.
- Thank you Kate for being such a good example of how talent combined with great work shows off. Your consistently great performance is an inspiration to all of us.
- So grateful to work with you, Sarah. You just know exactly how to handle difficult situations with your talent and creativity.
Appreciation for Help
- Couldn’t help but notice how Jane has handled this project so smoothly. Thankful for having her through the ups and downs.
- Ed, I am really glad you’re on our team. Without your contribution, we wouldn’t be progressing as much as we did with you by our side.
- Extremely thankful to Twyla for being a person I can forever rely on. Thank you for never letting me down.
- Alexis, you’re a superstar! I am so happy to be collaborating with you. Thanks for putting in so much effort to help this organization reach its full potential.
General Appreciation for Good Work
- Thank you, John, for your amazing help for this company. We had a lot to learn from you.
- Kim, you’re an amazing teacher! We wouldn’t be here without learning this much from you.
- Dear Jake, I just wanted to let you know how much the whole team appreciates you. Thank you for being such a great help to the entire team.
- Employees like Kate make even Mondays joyful! Thanks for joining this team.
Employers Appreciation Quotes
Employee appreciation quotes are great but it’s not just your employees who need recognition. Managers too need to feel seen and happy when they are appreciated for all the hard work they do for the team. Use the following appreciation messages to help your coworkers and other managers feel appreciated:
- Jim is a great coaching leader. We are so thankful to have you on the team. Without you, the company wouldn’t have gone this far in success.
- I am so grateful for having Darla as a coworker on the team. She helped me in times of need and has always got my back since day one.
- Anne is a great leader. She always helped the team in growing. Forever thankful for her cheerleading efforts and for always helping the team achieve more.
- Today I want to take out a moment and thank our co-founder Seth who’s working tirelessly to help this organization grow. You are a true example of a great leader.
Celebrating Milestones Achieved
Celebrating milestones as you achieve them is an ultimate motivation boost for the next one. This will keep your employees happy and productive. Some appreciation quotes for this case are as follows:
- At the start of this year, we had a goal to reach one million subscriptions. Today at the end of the year we have made it possible. So a toast to my immensely talented team!
- Five months ago we launched our new product. Today I proudly announce that the product has been getting great reviews and has been immensely successful in our targeted market. Extremely proud of my entire team.
- Last year was extremely challenging for us. We saw highs and lows but this year, I gladly announce that we have got our position back. Things are smooth again and for that, I am grateful to the entire team.
- 3 years ago Dev joined us to help our business grow. Three years later, our business has expanded in more than 5 countries across the globe. This wouldn’t have been possible without any of you and especially him.
Team Appreciation Quotes
Appreciation words for your team can help your organization in magical ways. Don’t forget to add some of these thank you team quotes to your next company success.
- Kudos to the design team for creating this masterpiece of a website for us. I’ve been getting a lot of client calls discussing how this new website has been so easy for them to use. Not to forget the vibrancy of the color scheme on it.
- Today I’d like to raise a toast to celebrate having these three people on our sales team. Absolutely thankful and amazed at how you guys pull up to manage everything so smoothly. Thanks for helping us close so many important deals.
- All hail the marketing team! Today I have no words but of appreciation for having this marketing team we have. Thanks for all the amazing marketing campaigns that have helped raise our sales. Special thanks to the content team for generating such convert-worthy content.
- We’ve been receiving great reviews from our clients. Thanks to the entire team for such diligence and loyalty towards their work.
Recognition for Small Wins
Whenever your employees do something that makes you happy and relaxed, appreciate them. No matter how small the win is, cherish it and make your employees happy. Appreciating small is immensely powerful and even a Harvard study claims that. You can use one of the following appreciation or thank you quotes and celebrate those wins!
- Things got a bit out of hand this week. But thanks to Tina for staying calm this entire time and saving us from having a poor board presentation.
- Thanks to Jessica for doing an amazing job at introducing the latest client to our product. You did an amazing job at making things easy for them to understand.
- I am truly impressed by how Jim has given in that file so quickly. Thanks for being so efficient.
- Absolutely stunned by the amazing presentation Ali gave today.
- A shout out to Jose for totally nailing the board meeting today! They are immensely impressed with our work.
- Kevin is doing an amazing job on his new client account. Maybe he can tell the rest of us how to be as smart!
Appreciation for Personal Accomplishments
- I want to thank Dev for always helping the organization with his creative brain and unique perspective. He just knows what to do and what to say at the right time. Thanks for being like this!
- This is a toast to Carla who joined just a month ago and has quickly got hold of the way things work at this company. You are extremely talented and smart. We are so glad we get to work with you.
- A huge shout out to Kate for managing to keep things sane at this organization while attending college. We are so proud of you and extremely thankful for your commitment to this organization.
- Thanks to Ken for bringing in the positive energy every day at work! You light up everyone’s day with your vibe. Never change.
Appreciation Quotes for Employees to Bid Them Farewell
If any of your employees are leaving the company, wish them the best of luck and thank them for their time with you.
- Kim, you were a fantastic employee. We will miss how you always saved us in times of need.
- Today, we are sad because an amazing employee is leaving us. Jake, you are truly a hero. We wish you the best in your future endeavors.
- Jill, we will never forget what you’ve done for this organization. It’s a fact that we will miss you but congratulations on your new job.
- It’s been an honor to work with you, John. It seems like only yesterday you joined us. We will always remember what a great product designer you were. Best of luck!
Appreciating your employees is a sure way to keep things going smoothly at work. Your employees always crave appreciation and it drives them to work even more hard for you. Appreciation is a direct key to increasing motivation and productivity. So make sure to make them happy by using these employee appreciation quotes and give thanks to them as much as you can.