When it comes to managing work, timesheets play an important role. From tracking the time employees spend on each task to calculating payroll, managers have a number of tasks. Luckily, timesheet software and time tracking tools are there to help.
If you’re looking for the right timesheet software, take a look below at this list of the 15 best timesheet apps of all time.
AttendanceBot is a powerful time tracking software for both small and medium-sized organizations. A great tool for remote and hybrid teams, AttendanceBot works from right inside Slack. The best thing is that it adapts to your team’s needs as you see fit. It can be a simple time tracking solution for smaller teams, while if you are a bigger team that prefers more robust features, it can use additional functionalities. With AttendanceBot, you can:
- Clock in or out easily without you worrying about tracking the time spent on a task/project each day
- Get reminders to punch in or out as your day begins or ends
- Generate timesheets within Slack
- Track billable hours with ease
- Easily download Excel reports and get them delivered straight to you periodically
- Keep track of time spent on tasks
- If your team works in different shifts, you can manage their schedules and also customize shifts for each member
Below are the pricing details:
- AttendanceBot offers a 14-day free trial
- Standard: $5/user/month or $4/user/month (billed annually)
- Pro: $7.5/user/month or $6/user/month (billed annually)
- Enterprise: $15/user/month or $12/user/month (billed annually)
Timesheet software from Hubstaff helps employees easily track the time they spend on projects and tasks. Detailed timesheet data can be used to process payroll, invoice clients, and give you a clear picture of your costs. From the creation of online timesheets to approvals to creating team reports, there is little that this app leaves out.
It helps businesses of all sizes to:
- Track time
- Manage team productivity
- Manage their workforce
- Track what workers are doing with periodic screenshots
- Measure productivity by keystroke tracking
- Generate online timesheets and team reports
- Offers a 14-day free trial
- Starts at $7 per user per month
TimeDoctor is an employee time tracking app that helps you measure and analyze how your team spends its time. It also gives insights on who’s the best performer on the team. It syncs with more than 60 software. Additionally, its time tracking system records what web pages and apps each employee uses. Using this app, you can:
- Time spent on tasks and breaks
- Take automated screenshots
- Generate reports and timesheets
- TimeDoctor offers a 14-day free trial
- Starts from just $7 per user per month
Up next on our list is Everhour. Another employee time tracking software that helps users track time from the apps they already use. With this, Employees can start and stop their timer to record activities as they work. They can also log hours manually later. Everhour helps you:
- Track time spent by an employee on each task
- Track their breaks
- You can also use time tracking data to create invoices automatically
- Generate reports
Everhour also offers integrations with tools like BaseCamp, Asana, Trello, Slack, Jira, etc.
- Offers a free trial of 14 days
- Starts at $8.50 per user per month
If you’re looking for a minimal timesheet management app, Toggl should be your pick. It helps users:
- Track time across the web app, desktop app, mobile app, or browser extension
- Auto track apps and websites that you use for more than 10 seconds
- Integrate your Outlook or Google Calendar into Toggl Track’s Calendar
- Set up Toggl Track to trigger time entry suggestions
Additionally, Toggl Track’s browser extensions allow you to start the timer directly from online tools like Asana, Todoist, Trello, and more.
- Offers a free trial of 30 days
- Starts at $8 per user per month
Harvest is modern time tracking software that helps you:
- Track time from your desktop, phone, or favorite software
- Track time from the productivity tools you already use every day
- Automate reminders that encourage you to track time consistently
- Start a timer or log hours in Slack.
- Check a teammate’s Harvest timer, so you don’t interrupt them when they’re in the middle of a meeting or deep work.
- Get a quick visual overview of progress on a particular project and share it with the rest of a Slack channel.
- Offers a free trial of 30 days
- Starts at $12 per user per month
Those who need basic time tracking features as they relate to specific projects may find that Zoho People has everything you need. With this timesheet software, you can record your employees’ daily, weekly, and monthly time logs automatically with digital timesheets.
From tracking work hours to billing clients, you can go the full mile with Zoho People. In addition, you can monitor your team’s progress on individual projects and tasks, and generate insightful reports. It’s all saved on the cloud.
Free solution with limited features. The paid solution starts from $25/month
HourStack is a weekly time allocation, time management, and time tracking tool for individuals and teams which integrates directly with Slack. It helps create effective time blocks that increase the team’s productivity.
With its easy-to-use options such as quick timers and drag-and-drop scheduling, this app makes time management fun for employees and time tracking easy for the management and HR. Use HourStack for:
- Time tracking
- Productivity management
- Timer & manual entry
- Project management
- Offers a free trial of 14 days
- Pricing starts at $9 per month paid annually
ActiTIME is another good timesheet system that manually or automatically captures time in the browser or on the mobile. Users can also add notes to their time entries and set up individual work schedules for employees. It also helps you generate automatic timesheets, adds over time, and manage payroll depending on the time spent. It also has a mobile app that helps you track time on the go, even in offline mode.
ActiTIME’s pricing plan depends on the size of your team. Its free plan is limited to only three users. Other plans include:
- ActiTIME 1-40 users $7 user per month
- ActiTIME Online for 41-200 users $6 per user per month
- actiTIME for above 200 users is based on custom pricing
- actiTIME Self-Hosted plan is for $120 per user
Up next in our list of timesheet software is Timely. Timely automates the time tracking process so that the employees can focus on their work rather than creating sprints and worksheets. Timely automatically records the time employees spend in different work apps and drafts accurate timesheets for your team.
Free trial: 14 days
Starting price: Starts at $8 per user per month
Tired of manually going through your team’s timesheets at the end of the month? Tru TimeCamp. TimeCamp is another timesheet software that enables its users to track billable work hours and monitor employee productivity. It offers more than 50 integrations that allow you to sync and import your task without switching context readily. It also offers you time tracking reports.
TimeCamp is suitable for employers looking for a blend of time tracking and payroll management and monitoring their employees’ productivity.
TimeCamp offers a 14-day free trial and is free for one user for a month.
- The basic monthly plan costs $7 per user
- Pro monthly plan costs $10 per user
Timesheets.com simplifies time tracking by providing an easy-to-use online timesheet for your employees. It’s a simple timesheet software, which allows you to track time with timers or insert data manually. In addition, you can get reports and set different bill rates per employee. Other features include:
- Billable time tracking and job costing
- Requests, calendar, usage, and reporting
- You can track time and expenses using mobile
- Expense tracking
It offers a free plan. The standard paid plan starts at $4.5 per user.
Clicktime is another timesheet software that helps businesses track both billable time as well as employee time usage. Using this you can automatically record employee costs, billing rates, accrued time off.
Their time tracker is available online, on your phone, or through Google Calendar. Their customizable timesheets can easily be tailored to your business
They offer a 14-day free trial.
Paid plans start at $9 up to $24 in the premier paid plan.
Tick’s straightforward timecard works in just three steps:
Select your project (organized by client), select the task, and enter your time.
Once your time is entered, you can enter notes, use timesheet reporting to get budget feedback, or dig deeper into projects with just a click.
Free plan and paid plan from $10/month. Free trial for 30 days.
Whether it’s your browser or phone with Paymo, you can track time from anywhere. All you need to do is put your time tracking on auto-pilot. PaymoPlus tracks what you do on your computer and generates a timesheet based on your activity.
Offers a free trial of 15 days.
Its small office plan starts from $9.95/month per user.
The choice of the right timesheet software really depends on your business nature, company’s size, workflow, and the way your business runs.